12/24/11

Christmas Presents 2011

DIY Glass ornaments with sparkly twigs and red birds! Scrabble magnets! Chocolate dipped oreos! Marshmallow reindeer!

My husband's side of the family is very large, so Christmas is extremely daunting to me. For the past few years we didn't do any presents at all because we just couldn't afford it. But for 2011 I really didn't want to show up empty handed so last minute I powered through my morning... make that 24/7.... sickness and did some DIY Christmas gifts.  Here's how they turned out!

For each family I made an ornament using this PIN for inspiration:



Then I printed out scrabble tiles onto card stock and stuck each letter to magnet backing. I spelled out the last name of each family! This was a little time consuming, but turned out super cute!
For each adult I made chocolate dipped Oreos and packaged them up cute:
And for the kids I made the chocolate dipped marshmallow reindeer I saw on Pinterest:



Everyone loved the gifts and all in all they didn't really cost that much. All the ornament supplies I found at Michaels and I had a lot of the other supplies on hand. I found the Scrabble tile print out on Google and I made the tags using Microsoft WORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment